By Nadia Gonzalez
1. Name of the candidate you chose: Steve Jacobson
2. Political affiliation of the candidate your chose: Independent
3. How do you think the personal background or work experience of the candidate could help them be a good president?
I think his past experience would help him because he has dealt with many different people for the many different company’s that he’s worked with. And all of the companies he worked with were different.
4. What issues are important to the candidate, or what goals do you think the candidate would have for the country if they were to become the president?
He wants to work on the immigration rules and wants to collect oil from both Canada and Mexico.
5. Do you think the interviewer did a good job in his role (i.e. being prepared, making the interviewee comfortable, asking good questions)? What gave you that impression?
I think the interviewer did a good job because he asked meaningful questions and at first he asked a few basic questions, so the interview wouldn’t be very awkward.
6. Political candidates need to decide how they’re going to spend their time. That includes choosing which members of the press they’re willing to conduct interviews with. What good things could come from doing an interview like the one you listened to? What bad things could come from doing the interview?
A good thing that could come from doing an interview is that if you say what you mean then people could start to show interest in you and they might consider to vote for you. A bad thing that could come out from this would be if you say something in an old interview and the interview, that you’re currently doing, ask you the same question, and you answer with a different answer, people will think that you’re just saying what the public wants to hear and not what you actually think.
7. If you were Mrs. Young’s media consultant, would you advise her to do an interview with this organization, knowing that the audio file of the interview would be online for everyone to listen to? Why or why not?
I would advise her to do an interview with this organization because it would show more people who she is and the reason why she is running for president. And why they should vote for her.
8. Do you think you would be a good reporter, conducting interviews with people? Why or why not?
No I don’t think I would be a good reporter because it’s very difficult for me to talk to people that I don’t know, so I would probably stumble on the words I’m saying.
9. Do you think you would be a good candidate, talking and listening to different types of people? Why or why not?
I don’t know if i would be a good candidate because I would be able to listen to what different people have to say, but I don’t think I would be able to speak to people without stuttering.